Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #14690
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Again, the bipartidary system of the US is to blame here. Even if you're slightly to the right wing, you're automatically connected to the crazies because that's the only way you can go without having to go with the left wing. If there were 2 or more parties per wing, the extremists would wither away and the moderates would finally be heard more than the them like it should be.
Yeah, I guess. I dunno. It's not like your average dude has to label himself as one or the other though. I can't fathom why anyone would want to associate himself with the republican party now instead of just calling himself an independent or some shit when asked. Note that I know multiple people who do tell me they're republicans. And I never try to initiate any conversations about politics with anyone offline, ever. These people actually just volunteer to share this information with me. Crazy.

I'm actually surprised by the amount of people that I personally have encountered that are actually against gays and universal healthcare or are hardcore anti-abortion. How are these people able to express this shit without being treated like how we treat fucking racists and shit? I guess being against UHC is more stupid than racist level horrible. But still. Goddamn.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-05-2012), Numinous (01-05-2012), Scientia (01-05-2012)