Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #14721
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Cannot even escape this kind of nonsense in my own state, where I actually have as heard voice. Had to go to court today, and got a chance to see the newly built multi-million dollar common court house(which I apposed fervently). A state hemorrhaging money and in sever debt. That doubled the cost of public transportation, cut nearly all state funded health benifits, denied and reabsorbed 90% of current and upcoming earned pension payouts.

I am all for building larger facilities to cope with the population spike. But not when that building ends up having 40 foot high cathedral like ceilings, featuring a shit ton of heartwood everywhere... Much less concerned with the form of a state building, over its function. And the legal system would function just as well without that overly lavish palace to conduct its business. Or, maybe it was totally worth denying 10's of thousands what they earned in retirement benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I don't think I'm going to be "fuck yeah, america"ing anytime in the foreseeable future. = /
^This. Not that I had much reason else wise.

Num- Those figures are rough. Considering the rate for which civil liberties are being removed in the US, it'd be lucky to validate same sex marriage by those stats median. Only 115 or so more years to go.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
kluang (01-12-2012), Miburo (01-11-2012), Numinous (01-11-2012)