Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #2316
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,477 Times in 3,665 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

You're underestimating today's PCs, Trey.

My PC is a Dell from 2008. All I've done to it is put in a GT9400, a graphics card from 2008 that I got for free (thanks Artan), and upgraded the RAM from 2GB to 4GB. I can run stuff like Fallout: New Vegas above 720p, at high settings, with a better framerate than consoles. Might not be the best example, since Gamebryo games look like shit, but my point remains.

Anyone that built a half-decent PC today would outclass the proposed "base specs" of next-gen consoles easily. I'm a big believer in 60fps as standard during videogames. Devs are not, since there's a huge misguided movement towards making games look like movies, and since movies run at sub 30fps, that's apparently good enough. No. That's okay for films since the frame rate acts somewhat as a barrier between the viewer and the film, and it makes a noticeable difference to the way we interpret cinema. With videogames, you either want responsiveness or immersion.

Call of Duty is the biggest selling videogame of the modern era, and it runs at 60fps even on consoles. Take that as you will.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-12-2012), Mal (01-12-2012), Nerox (01-12-2012), Numinous (01-12-2012), Shrike (01-12-2012)