Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The New Balance of Power in One Piece
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #24
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,767 Times in 927 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: The New Balance of Power in One Piece

Reviving this thread now that we have a bit more of information on the current balance of powers. For those that don't want to go to the first page for some odd reason here is how it's cut down; The Three Great Powers of the One Piece World: The Marines, Royal Shichibukai, and Yonkou.

The Marines: Sitting on top is the new Fleet Admiral of the Marines, Sakazuki Gensui (Akainu).

The seats of Admiral (second highest Marine rank) is currently filled only by Borsalino (Kizaru), the other two are still unknown by whom they are filled by.

The current Vice Admiral (third highest Marine rank) lists is as followed
Tsuru
John Giant
Comil
Momonga
Onigumo
Doberman
Strawberry
Yamakaji
Lacroix
Ronse
Dalmatian
Kaizeruhige
Smoker (went up two ranks from Commodore)

I won't list the rest because most listed below Admiral ranks aren't of that much importance to the story with the exception of Coby, Tashigi, and the now "retired" Sengoku and Garp.

Royal Shichibukai: We still don't know who the remaining three to fill the empty slots of Shichibukai are but here are the current members: Dracule Mihawk, Donquixote Doflamingo, Bartholomew Kuma, Boa Hancock.

Yonkou: (Four Emperors of the New World)
Shanks
Blackbeard
Kaidou
Big Mam

Discusion
Blackbeard has finally been recognized as one of the Four Emperors due to his use of two DF abilities. But because of this now his powers aren't gaugeable. We are not 100% sure if he's able to fully overcome any of the other Yonkou. Prior to Whitebeard's death, all the Yonkou were relatively of equal strength. We aren't sure if Blackbeard has anymore recruits and/or allies which could cause to tip the internal scale of powers between the Yonkou.

The Marines focal point of power lies in the area of the Admirals and Vice Admirals. The people chosen to fill this position will obviously come from the Vice Admiral ranks but whom? My guess on one of the spots is probably Momonga (the one that picked up Boa Hancock from Amazon Lily) for sure. He meets the most standards to fill that spot and has probably powered up. Though there has been a dynamic going on where the Admirals all had Logia DF abilities of the elemental kind. Will Mamonga obtain a DF? I'm also thinking about Sengoku's and Garp's new role on the Marines in raising the new generation. Obviously Coby is still going to be training with Garp and he was the only clear headed Marine soldier in the War on Marineford that had any moral value. I'm thinking Coby's role in the story will play a huge part, especially during the time when the treasure One Piece becomes the final main center piece and the fight between "True Justice" and "Dark Justice" becomes more tangible with Coby's presence dictating Luffy's and Teach's outcomes of this New Era.

The integrity of the Royal Sichibukai is probably the World Governments most worried asset. With the exception of Boa Hancock, we all saw how effective their roles were in the War on Marineford with only four active persons at the time (Mihawk, Moria, Doflamingo, and Bartholomew Kuma). I believe if all seven would have been active and mutually attacking against Whitebeard the War on Marineford would have been quite different. That being said, the three new replacements (possibly four depending if anything changes with Boa Hancock in the near future) need to be absurdly awesome. Do you think there we'll see familiar faces acting as Shichibukai or will they be an all new cast?

I'm also still aware at the possibility of Buggy being a Shichibukai but I'm still skeptical on that hilarity.

What are some other thoughts, opinions, comments?
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 01-18-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Tmoore (01-18-2012)