Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The New Balance of Power in One Piece
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #47
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: The New Balance of Power in One Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
Coby will be destined to be the new hero of the Marines following Garps and Sengoku's footsteps.
Yeah, but that's gonna happen much much later on in the story, maybe even in the epilogue. If that kids any rank of admiral right now it would be way out of place. That's like Konohamaru suddenly powering up to Naruto level Haxxxx.

IMO he's gonna be a commander, which is still a significant feat for his age. The kid is only like 16 right? I'd say at the most he's a captain but that's pushing it. We also got to take into account that there's a significant amount of politics behind who gets promotions. With Garp retired and Akainu running things, it might be difficult for Coby to get promoted. It would be lulzy if he still at the same rank, lol. Also there's the factor of how active he's been hunting pirates. He is in the East Blue after all. It's not like there's any "Big Fish" for him to hunt down and make a name for himself. If he were in the Grandline taking on potential Supernovas, I could understand him getting a much larger promotion, but pirates in the East blue are kinda, meh.

Last edited by ask me anything; 01-19-2012 at 05:17 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (01-19-2012)