Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The New Balance of Power in One Piece
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #48
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: The New Balance of Power in One Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Yeah, but that's gonna happen much much later on in the story, maybe even in the epilogue. If that kids any rank of admiral right now it would be way out of place. That's like Konohamaru suddenly powering up to Naruto level Haxxxx.

IMO he's gonna be a commander, which is still a significant feat for his age. The kid is only like 16 right? I'd say at the most he's a captain but that's pushing it. We also got to take into account that there's a significant amount of politics behind who gets promotions. With Garp retired and Akainu running things, it might be difficult for Coby to get promoted. It would be lulzy if he still at the same rank, lol. Also there's the factor of how active he's been hunting pirates. He is in the East Blue after all. It's not like there's any "Big Fish" for him to hunt down and make a name for himself. If he were in the Grandline taking on potential Supernovas, I could understand him getting a much larger promotion, but pirates in the East blue are kinda, meh.
Yeah, that's what I mean. I'd be crazy if he was elevated anything above commander (probably a rank or two less) but that is the path he is currently walking on.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-19-2012)