Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #2406
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Do you guys think the advancement in graphics is the lead cause as of why games have become less of a challenge than in the older-2005 era?

I think so, in the sense of if the game has to be that amazing graphically, your character can't have limited control. I think that's what happened with RE.
That's definitely a part of it, but the biggest change in game difficulty, in my opinion, has to be the save system most current games employ, which has replaced the lives system of the "hard" games of old wholesale. Now difficult games are difficult because they require much more precise timing and individual ability, not because you had to start all the way over for messing up a few times.

But regardless of how hard games are today, you can piecemeal save your way through most of them in time if you are dedicated.

Last edited by Trey; 01-22-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote