Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Megaupload Shut down by FBI
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #24
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Megaupload Shut down by FBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Not sure how this has anything to do with explaining the statement of "everyone involved in the Occupy movement wants to fuck with the liberties of the 1%."

Honestly, I can't see any way to justify that statement though...
The comic wasn't part of my argument, it was just funny and related.

"The protesters say they want, in part, more and better jobs, more equal distribution of income, bank reform, and a reduction of the influence of corporations on politics." Every one of those demands could be considered an attack on the liberties of the 1% because they would be able to run their business and utilize their funds not as they wanted, but as the government permitted.

Quote:
Again, what is the point of saying that at all? Not that you even said that. You definitely trivialized police brutality. But even if what you're saying now is what you meant, no one at all said anything even close to what you're implying now. The guy above you who mentioned police brutality certainly didn't say it in such a way to make it seem like it's worse than thousands of people losing their lives. You can't just make things up, like saying "Oh, everyone is acting like it's the worst thing ever", to justify blatantly incentive statements.

Not even trying to be a dick. But come on, man. = (
Re-reading it, I did really jumped to my own conclusions on that one, but I do still think that many people have a mindset of "FREEDOM good, police brutality bad, but those Muslims are uncivilized and a few hundred deaths are expected, so that's okay." I have heard a few people inadvertently express such thoughts, and that kind of ignorance particularly irks me.

Quote:
I honestly don't. If I wanted to do the right thing I'd actually research the shit I'm trying to pass. Especially if I could be potentially dicking citizens out of freedom. But I guess it's a pointless thing to discuss considering we don't know whether dumbshit incompetent politicians are doing shit because they're idiots that mean well or scumbags who care more about campaign funds than the people they're suppose to represent. Either way, incredibly stupid or just scummy, it's not good.
True enough, no sense discussing assumptions.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-24-2012)