Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #466
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Eh, the least stupid things he posts could be considered platitudes. I guess I can give him that.

Edit: @Mal-I would guess the only way to view it without it being obviously immoral to most is that it simply describes the imperfectness of humans or some shit like that. Not us being boned because of what adam and eve did, bad tree bears bad fruit type of shit. Though, I'm think the whole thing is still kinda bullshit. Especially dislike the whole Jesus sacrifice thing. Seems like more of a guilt trip than anything. Definitely wasn't necessary, and kinda wasn't even much of a sacrifice.

I'd be interested in what that Lewis dude has to say on it. I really should just order that book, since you've mentioned it quite a few times. And Summer Glau likes the dude, and I've got a gay little crush thing for that babe still. Harhar! Just rewatched firefly again, wish they didn't cancel that shit.

I'm just pretty sure I'd still disagree with a lot of it. Christian theology discussions are things I'll entertain for the sake of discussion, but the whole lack of evidence thing makes it hard for me to take it seriously. I think Christians should just, you know, try to be emulate the good shit Jesus did and that's pretty much it. All the other shit is kinda unnecessary or pretty bad.

Last edited by Miburo; 02-06-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-06-2012), ask me anything (02-06-2012), kael03 (02-06-2012), Numinous (02-09-2012), Scientia (02-06-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-07-2012), xxMESTxx (02-06-2012)