Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #492
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Burden of proof.
Let's see, in a discussion of possibilities (not things that are, but things that could be) someone comes along and says you are wrong.

That is the positive claim, because it implies knowledge. A possibility isn't an assertion, it's a musing. The positive claim implies knowledge whereas a musing implies lack of it. To insist that the one who implied knowledge is not the one who should have to back it up is fucking asinine.

Since someone was only musing about what was possible, claiming they are wrong means you must then prove the musing impossible, since you were the one who made the positive claim that it was not possible.

To attribute the burden of proof the way you all do is similar to how pickpockets distract their prey.
Look, retard. You're the only one who plays by your stupid made-up rules here. If you suggest something is possible then you have you provide proof of that claim, and no one is in any way obligated to prove that it is impossible. When you and HR asked kael to do just that then you've attempted to shift the burden of proof.

No one has to prove any random bullshit you make up to be impossible to say it's stupid. Especially in this case where kael showed that there is evidence that suggests shit happened a different way then your bullshit hypothesis. Logically, no one should take your shit seriously unless you can back it up. That's how this shit works, whether you'll acknowledge it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Rasengan View Post
I'm just gonna say it because it needs to be said.. The Bible has SOME historical facts .. people, places and events but it also tells humanity about itself.. all the same shit that went on back then still goes on today, wars famine , money problems sickness ect. People read these STORIES and find comfort to be able to relate and see themselves in the scripture they read. One can read passages of flawed characters, things that happen to others unjustifiably and is a coping mechanism .. it gives people hope during struggles.. I'm sure you secularists have the same problems as everyone else, and I'm sure you have some manly explanation as to what pulls you through.. but honestly .. what gives you hope to go on.. what do you lean on in a time of struggle???..and that's not rhetorical either I'd seriously like to know.
So? I can make a bullshit story up and throw some historical facts in it too. Doesn't mean shit.

And people find comfort and shit. Great. Doesn't mean anything in there is true. None of what you posted really addresses what you were responding to either. But, uh, whatever. I wasn't really expecting much of a decent response anyway.

As to your question, depends on the person. Personally I just lean on...I dunno, myself I guess. I mean, damn. When bad shit happens I figure I can either man up and face it, or be a pussy about it. Pretty easy choice, in my opinion.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-07-2012), Demi-God (02-07-2012), kael03 (02-07-2012), Mal (02-07-2012)