Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #548
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

The line between a discussion and a debate can be very blurry. Essentially what you wanted are people who agreed with you and wanted to talk to you about whatever this thread was about the first place. This is the internet, that rarely happens.

Usually a debate will be had, in some way or another. The people here aren't scared of a debate though, sometimes they learn something new from it and expand their knowledge and sometimes they can help someone learn.

Lord Pish Posh has spoken!

Edit: Also, interestingly, those rules were set in 2006. Times change, rules require modification in order to be relevant as the member base changes its mentality. Sometimes those rules aren't written down but the general public know what to do and leave those rules behind because they seem silly and don't fit the era. Reminds me of something...

Double-Edit:
Quote:
I never wanted to have an "I'm right, you're wrong" type of conversation, and I refuse to attempt the other type with anyone who starts out with that approach.
Well that's your problem. If you're not open the the fact that you may be wrong about something then don't bother voicing your opinion, if you expect people to just agree with you and discuss thing either find people exactly like yourself or talk to the mirror.

When you voice your opinion, high chances are somebody will disagree with you and voice their opinion, or find issues with your opinion and ask for further evidence and/or reasoning as to why you think like that.

Last edited by Demi-God; 02-09-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)