Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #553
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

That's not a good approach, even if they disrespected you first (I haven't read all the posts here, I don't have the time nor the interest) then don't bother to reply in return if that's how you feel. Being disrespectful to someone who was disrespectful to you makes you just as worse as them I feel.

It would be ideal for everybody to say "Oh hey, I disagree, could you explain why you think this way to me?" I think everybody here would love to have debates that go like that. But in this world if someone sees your opinions as being ignorant and idiotic, then they'll call you that because that's how they see you. At best you can give them the proof to back your opinion and show them that you're not an idiot.

I can promise you that not everyone who comes with that approach is only out to disprove shit. There are a lot of people here who even if they initially thought you were an idiot, if you gave them a solid argument and backed it up, would at least respect you and learn from it. Hell, even if it doesn't change their minds it would give them a new view of you.

There are a lot of people here who I disagree with and will have constant debates on, but whenever I do they always back up their arguments in some fashion and I respect that.

Last edited by Demi-God; 02-09-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-09-2012)