Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #554
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I have no problem admitting to people that I am wrong on something that I am actually wrong about to anyone who has my respect. If someone has proven themselves disrespectful I wouldn't tell them they were right if they said the grass was green. I'd claim it was brown and call them an idiot if they said different. But I only disrespect people who disrespect me first.

I have no problem with I disagree, or this makes no sense to me, but not a one of these guys said that. What they said was: wrong, idiot, lol

Anyone who comes with that approach won't get jack outta me except attitude. People like that are only interested in going along with the trend of conversation so they can find some way to denounce it. I don't even want to talk to someone who is only out to disprove shit.
tl;dr version-You're a spiteful douchebag.

This is exactly why I dislike it when people feel entitled to things like respect. Now, I know why you think this way. You most likely think "Hey, my way everyone respects everyone." But do they really?

Of course not. They are just obligated to play pretend. Your way actually cheapens actual respect between people, and makes the entire concept pretty meaningless. Worst of all is the entitlement portion of your little rule. You are basically forcing people to treat you a certain way or else you'll treat them like shit purely out of spite.

Whereas a lot of us are operating as if we aren't entitled to anything, and neither are you. It works equally both ways no matter how you act. You don't have to respect me, I couldn't care less. And if I choose to show respect to someone it's because I genuinely want to, not because I feel obligated to do so.

Not that it matters to you, you've just claimed you'll disagree with whatever I say and insult me based purely on spite. Making your disagreements and insults even more baseless and meaningless since it has nothing to do with the wrongness in my statements and the validity doesn't play a part in your insults. You're just doing it because I didn't treat you in a way that you demand I do. Which is silly.

Oh, and just so you know, between you and everyone else in this thread, you were the first person to throw out a direct insult toward anyone. You called Numinous a jackass first before anyone actually directly insulted you.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012)