Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #576
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
It' due to freedom of speech that they have the right to hold such a rally to begin with.
I actually think that's called the right to assembly. They exercise their freedom of speech there though. Yeah. You kinda don't get how the whole freedom of speech thing works, I take it. Can't say that I'm in the least bit surprised.

Quote:
Well since it depends on the rules of the organizer, that would be equivalent to the thread starter in this case, so if you say so.
See, no, that's not how that shit works. Not even close. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. I can't go to a church and make a scene by saying it's all a bunch of bullshit because a church is private property. They don't have to let me in there. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

An internet forum works in a similar way. The forum is private property. You have no authority over anything here. If you make a thread it's not your thread, it's a thread on the forum. If you are given freedom of speech it's because we here at the forum allow you to have it. It's not a right that you are entitled to here.

Don't believe me, go to some other forums and insult and threaten to kill the moderators there and see how long you last. My guess is not very long. They can do that because it's their forum. Same thing here. You making a thread doesn't mean you get to make any rules. Period. It's not even up for discussion.

Quote:
Could have fooled me about the showing of respect in general.
I'm respectful to people that deserve it. I don't give respect to everyone, because everyone doesn't deserve it. You operate the same goddamn way, only difference is the criteria we use to determine who deserves respect.

If you have a problem with the criteria I use then address that. If you're just going to give us shit because we don't respect everyone then you're a goddamn hypocrite.

Quote:
Why should I treat anyone as an adult that acts like a child in my opinion. If people set the tone of our relationship as childish, I will not change it, that's just me giving someone what they obviously want.
That's ridiculous. Grow up. I call HR an idiot whenever he posts something dumb. I wouldn't call him an idiot if he posts something that's correct. Because I'm not a spiteful little baby. No one here operates like that. So you're not just doing what people do to you, or treating people like how they treat you like you're implying here. Because no one acts like a spiteful little toddler except you here.

And even if people were acting like that, which no one here has done, then you'd still be a childish little brat. Because seriously? That's how you deal with people acting like babies? Be a huge sniveling child yourself? Way to take the moral high-ground, champ. Seriously, you're the oldest dude here. Grow the fuck up already.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-10-2012), ask me anything (02-10-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)