Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Santorum: declaring war on heavy metal
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #28
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Santorum: declaring war on heavy metal

Nope.

Because there wasn't any point where I judged him based on factual ignorance and prejudice. I knew the story was fake when I made my first post in here commenting about that poe law shit, and the article had absolutely no influence on my opinion of Rick Santorum.

Edit: Unless you're talking about people that did respond like the article was legit. I guess, yeah, it would be a bit hypocritical. And yeah, I didn't stop and consider that. Mostly because it's still completely understandable, all things considered. And because the only person in here who responded to the article in a serious-ish manner is a person I have no desire whatsoever to call an idiot or a hypocrite. Which, admittedly, is also the reason I rationalized the situation and argued that it's understandable that people wouldn't immediately realize this is satire, despite knowing that treating satire as legit is obviously something that isn't completely immune to criticism.

Last edited by Miburo; 02-12-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-12-2012)