Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Is Yu Yu Hakusho overrated?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #14
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: Is Yu Yu Hakusho overrated?

I've only seen like two or three episodes from the first anime season of Nurarihyon. It didn't really peak my interest but I've been noticing a steady growth in popularity in the charts. I should probably give it another shot but I'll be reading the manga first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance
Actually Bleach borrowed quite a few ideas from Yu Yu Hakusho. In fact Bleach was originally rejected because it was to similar to Yu Yu. You know with the whole Spirit detective/Shinigami similarities.
It has never even occurred to me. I've always viewed them (still do) as two separate entities but I can see the resemblance now. Both series, however, have a different sense of pacing and story telling styles which is probably why I never viewed them to be the same. Yu Yu Hakusho is still way better. Way.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 02-24-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-24-2012), kluang (02-24-2012), Vengeance (02-24-2012)