Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #2667
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
I'm thinking of building a new BEAST once I graduate. I was counting up components the other night and it came to about £800, which isss somewhere in the region of 1000 bucks, I dunno. i5 processor, 8GB DDR3, 620w PSU, and a case and mobo. 1TB HD as well, might get a SSD for the system. I'd ideally like to get a 580 for the GPU, but it seems getting a 560ti would be a cheaper, saner option, especially since the 680 just came out and that's totally out of my price range considering I'm pretty much building this from scratch.

If anyone's got any suggestions or comments that'd be neat.
I find this chart and as the rest of that site are handy for choosing components so you get the most value for your money. If you can find a reasonably priced modular power supply, I'd highly recommend getting it if you're even slightly concerned with cable management.

Quote:
The tower is kind of expensive, I agree, but it's a good tower for the price. It's made with builders in mind, so it's very easy to swap around components, and it's got heat management in mind as well.

I might have a look at Overclockers. So far I've been using the Falcon guide for inspiration.
The tower is just as important as the parts inside of it, so getting a good one is a wise decision.

Quote:
Yeah, I probably will wait. I intend to play all three games together over the summer, hopefully I'll be able to buy a new copy cheap. I mean, I would buy a pre-owned copy so no money goes to EA and Bioware, but... it's so dirty. I'm a collector, I buy pre-owned for old systems when they're in good condition, but I hate buying modern pre-owned stuff. People just don't take care of their games.
This. Fucking this.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (03-31-2012), Jaxon (03-31-2012)