Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #37
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough
Re: Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

Brienne does seem like a great character.

The Tyrells come across as a bit one dimensional, especially Loras, but I think if they were made too important in the screen play I'd be struggling to cope with some many new characters at once. The remaining cast from Season 1 is already huge and now there are the extended Baratheons, the Greyjoys and presumably soon new characters for Daenerys.
It would of course be nice to see more of the Tyrells in greater detail, but as someone who hasn't read the book series it makes more sense for the production to be focussing on the families more directly involved with the war. My brain can handle more characters but I'd like to know the latest set as thoroughly as I got to know the Starks, Lannisters and Baratheons in Season 1. If the Tyrells become much more important later on then this might be a poor choice though.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote