Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #2740
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
The Diablo 3 beta was disappointing to me. Guess they were going for a more casual experience, but they simplified it to much. Far less options in character building and skill versatility. Yet still the standard heavy doses of barrel breaking and tedious item grinding.

I like hack n slash games and all. D3 will be worth getting, but not at day one at 60 dollars. I'll wait a while until blizzard starts releasing all the content they spent the last six ripping out of the game. Then buy it bundled.

Edit: I did find the craftsman funny. After recognizing your character as the walking economic bubble that is, an adventurer. He immediately decides to uproot and follow you around, so he can buy all your crap at pawn shop prices.
Indeed, it is a flaw that customization has downgraded from II, but I am sure that is for now. There will definitely be expansions, Blizzard wants cash. For example, you had much less customizing options before LOD came out for II, so I am sure there will be all kinds of new shit after this is a complete product. I am hoping though that they will not go over two expansions, because any more that that would be downright moronic. Nobody wants to play a game half of their life.

So, whatever flaws were in the Beta, I am sure they will make it up later. Also, there is an endless combination with the skills and runes already. It's not that customization is much behind the old LOD.

I understand why did they make you play online and did not give the option to customize stats - cheating made DII ridiculous. Luckily for me, I always played single player, never online, or in LAN with friends. None of us ever cheated and we collected items together.

Here's to hoping that DIII comes out even better then II.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Axiom (04-27-2012), Mal (04-24-2012)