Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #2747
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Tried out the Diablo 3 Beta and its very... brown.

It was fun and seemed like a solid ARPG, but there was nothing special really. Torchlight 2 seems to be a much better ARPG at this point. While I didn't mind the new system, I missed skill trees and being able to control the development of my own character.
How so? I played the shit out of D2 and I finished Torchlight, and even thought it was fun, it was just a copy of Diablo just like Titan Quest was. Well, Torch was better, but not by much.

D3 may not have skill trees, but there is still a lot of customization. Just the passive skills make a huge difference since there are so many to choose from and you can have only 3 at a time. Switching it to whatever you like whenever you like may not be hardcore (and I love hardcore), but it beats re-skilling every time you don't feel satisfied with how your char works. You can also use 6 skills at a time, so that moves from D2 by a lot.

And I should mention that I am a hardcore D2 fan and that I am suspicious that any better game of that genre will ever come out, but I am still defending D3 just from the beta.

Dunno why are people dissatisfied, you just go to D3 site and try out skills and everything there and see how good will it actually function, or play the final release and enjoy.

Besides, I'd rather play a new Diablo then a game which is a copy of it anyday. Just like if I was a Dota player, I'd never turn to Hon or Lol.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Servo (04-27-2012)