Fandom Forums - View Single Post - One piece 665
Thread: One piece 665
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #10
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: One piece 665

Quote:
Originally Posted by op101 View Post
And also, even if the pituitary hormone comment wasn't EXACTLY correct, it's more or less right (for a manga). Anterior pituitary does secrete growth hormone He's pretty much saying that if the kids aren't normally big (ie if their GH isn't normally raised, who knows how Giant physiology works :P) then they've been experimented on to make them big (increase their GH). Sorry for the unnecessary rant, med student nearing exams lol :/
Just an hint for the future: ACt already graduated from Medicine, so if he made the comment, he knows damn well why.

And even I can tell why he did it, since I had to study metabolism: ACTH, ADH, LH, FSH, TSH, beta-endorphin, prolactin and oxytocin are also pituitary hormones and their over-estimulation would have different results.

But yes, the hormone in question must be GH, but I don't know who goofed up, the translators or Oda himself.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote