Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #2776
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Dude - it's like a fucking Lynx or Bobcat! Those things are vicious.

Anyway, has anyone heard of DayZ? Someone just sent me the link. Basically, it's a survival zombie game that plays out rather closely to how zombie survival would. I'll just post the article.

http://kotaku.com/5908753/this-might...game-ever-made

Seems almost made for OH.
It grips the atmosphere amazingly, we need more of that, but zombies are really retarded as fuck (you know what I mean).

Also:

"From Resident Evil to Left 4 Dead, they don't really capture the essence of a good zombie yarn like Dawn of the Dead or The Walking Dead manage"

:/

Sure, if you only played RE4 + ... Older REs are better then any other zombie game because the zombies are actually zombies.

I finished Operation Raccoon City. What the developers of that game and any other zombie game do not realize is that zombies are not some angry hissing creatures going for a kill. They are pretty strong, mindless shells going for fucking food. If anyone played older REs, like 1, 2, 3, they know what a zombie is like. That sound they let out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3TuxR_HqbU. I mean, goddamn, that's a fucking zombie. It's not demon possessed body trying to rip the throat of anything it seems and continues on. They are not evil. They are just hungry. It's the concept that keeps being mixed up.

The sad thing is, that even the new RE games are going for it. The action has replaced any kind of suspense or fear. The infinite shooting replaced the fear of running out of bullets. Etc.

Btw I preordered D3 after all. Gonna ruin my life I fear.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-10-2012)