Fandom Forums - View Single Post - jekyl_hyde's Thread of Bullshit
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #34
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Re: Parenting 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
you're so full of yourself, it's disgusting.
Really now have you been paying attention to what you've been posting?

Quote:
1. I can tell you're not a parent, just by how you are approaching the topic.
2. The way you are approaching the topic is textbook parenting, nothing based on real life experience.
So proper parenting is textbook parenting?

Quote:
3. I'm married. I have a wife. Ever heard the saying: happy wife, happy life?
What does this have to do with anything?

Quote:
4. My daughter is almost 2. And yes, I do know what parenting is about. My daughter is not the first person who has been dependent on me for their livelihood and life. But for simplicity's sake, I'll just stick with my daughter. I want her to experience certain things and learn from them. But also, as a father, I do not want my child to feel pain. I know she must experience though to my char-grin. You are implying that you think every child should experience pain (which to me shows you lack that certain protective aspect that comes with fatherhood, that or you really don't care for the child's boo boos).
Actually my point is every child will eventually experience pain. There is no avoiding that fact. All you can do is give them the tools needed to avoid painful things & how to deal with them when they do happen.

Quote:
I know that pain is going to come, because I'm not omnipresent. I can't protect her from everything. But as a toddler, by God, I'm going to protect her as much as possible. Once my wife and I have agreed to a point to let her burn herself, if she hasn't done so already, then we'll allow it to happen under our guidance.
So you're going to intentionally burn your daughter for the sake of teaching her a lesson? You do realize that's a form of child abuse right? You're totally warping the point I'm trying to make.

Quote:
5. You just do not get the correlation between parenthood and free will do you?
You do realize that parenthood isn't limited to hot stoves & broken fingers right? You do realize that the creator will kill people & condemn then to eternal torment if they don't listen to it right? Is that how you'll treat your daughter when she gets older & decides not to listen to you?

Quote:
And finally, when it comes to God...
1. You teach and rear the child to become a respectable,upstanding human being.
What does teaching a child to be a respectable human being have to do with god? O yeah nothing.

Quote:
2. While I will teach my children how they should lead their lives, they still have to make their own decisions when they are adults.
The problem you seem to not understand is that children will start making their own decisions long before they become adults. You're starting to sound like someone who plans on sheltering their child by home schooling & limiting/removing interaction they have with others until they turn 18 or something.

Quote:
As a parent, you give them the information, guide them how to make informed decisions, and trust they make the right decision.
Which doesn't sound at all like what you've been saying. Since you seem to be implying that your child won't be capable of making proper decisions until they're 18.

Quote:
3. Your examples for the deadly sins are laughable at best. You're basically saying that only by working and sleeping are you not sinning.
That's basically it yes. During your downtime when you're not eating, working, sleeping, or teaching others you should be using your time to help your fellow man. Indulging in luxuries when you could be helping others is what allot of those sins are about.

Quote:
God wants us to relax.
God wants you to fear it & love it at the same time. Hence why I said it demonstrates signs of vanity & wrath/anger. The very things it's suppose to despise.

Quote:
He's going to give you what you need.
Thousands of people die everyday because they don't have the things they need to survive. Why does god ignore the majority of the earths population while favoring a select few who also happen to be some of the biggest sinners(according to the scriptures) there are?

Quote:
Sometimes it is what you want, sometimes it's not. There is nothing wrong with wanting a new toy (or new vehicle for adults).
According to the the scriptures it is. The act of wanting more is in itself greed.

Quote:
When it becomes a sin is when you want a certain person's toy (or vehicle).
That's labeled under envy not greed. Also there's nothing wrong with wanting what someone else has so long as you don't perform unlawful acts to get it. Like say if you want to buy a Porsche 911 Turbo because you saw your favorite actor driving one. You're then being envious but is that truly wrong? According to the scriptures it is.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with my daughter wanting a bike like our neighbor kid's (nor me wanting a suv like the one our neighbors have).
Actually according to the scriptures you & your daughter are showing signs of envy.

Quote:
You come across in these posts as the typical "let's bash Christianity and show how ridiculous their livestyle is" asshole. And I know you like the asshole remark. You take pride in it. Otherwise you wouldn't be an ass to just about everyone on here.
I came across like that because it's mainly religious people who have a problem with gay marriage. Rational thinkers generally could care less about whether or not someone decides to get married.

PS: You didn't answer my question about human anatomy.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 05-10-2012 at 08:29 PM.