Re: Parenting 101
1. No, and I thought you might head in that direction. I don't tolerate a person who solely identifies him/herself based on the sexuality, whether they are homo or hetero. I mean seriously, there are only so many sexual conversations that are ok to have. then it gets creepy. So I don't like the "obnoxious gay" person. I'm cool with the "sports" guy who is gay.
2. I don't get offended. I either don't talk about it (depending on how relatable I am to the person), or we talk about it in a reasonable matter. Most of the gay people I know, know my stance on gay marriage, but more importantly know my stance on marriage and government.
3. There is nothing wrong with wanting a new house, a new vehicle, a new job. When it becomes wrong is when that takes the lead in your life. Envy is wanting "that" iphone that "that" person has. That is what coveting is. My neighbor has a 2010 nissan titan truck. it's black. I would like to have a black nissan titan truck. I don't want his. But I would like to have one like it.
4. God is not a rageaholic. Now this goes into Christian doctrine, so take it for what you will. But angels are beings without a free will. So theologians have made the argument that angels once had a will, but that was restricted once Lucifer and his angels rebelled against God (like I said, take it for what you will). Humans on the other hand, created in his image, are given free will. We've been given the option to choose what we do, how we do it, and what we believe. There are those who have took this to one extreme (for instance the Westboro Baptist Hypocrits), while others have taken it to another (you refering to God as a rageaholic who allows for a person to have urges, but will strike them down for pursuing those urges). We're given the free will to pursue what is in our heart, whether it is good things or bad things. Regardless of your choice, most Christians believe that everyone will have their own Judgment Day before God.
5. A mature age, IMHO can not be generalized. Some children mature at a quicker rate than others (I'm talking mentally here just to clarify). I am in agreement with you on identifying what is inappropriate touching, and God help the person (and me) whomever touches my child inappropriately. I understand what you are saying about using anatomically correct terms, but during the early years... just seems wierd to imagine my little girl saying vagina (i just shuddered, literally).
1. You're going to have radicals on both sides. If you don't agree so, you're only lying to yourself.
2. You completely misunderstood my analogy. It had nothing to do with homosexuals, at all. This all goes back to veng talking about a creator who allows free will, but condemns certain acts (shortest paraphrase i could think of).
3. I don't agree with gay marriage, because I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. Like I've stated before, I think government should steer clear of the marriage argument. The reason I don't agree with it, is because on it's foundation, in every religion, and historical concept, marriage has been between members of the opposite sex. Marriage is 99% a religious concept. That remaining 1% is for the historical royalty and nobles.
Now when I say religions, I'm talking doctrine. If a gay couple wants to live together, and say between them and whatever god they believe in, that's their prerogative.
But everything within the concept of marriage, for me, is for religious reasons only.
p.s. I'm a doctrine guy. I can respect a person for believing in something, as long as they follow a doctrine (even if it is something they wrote themselves). However, I do not respect a person who is a flopper when it comes to what they believe in. And to clarify that, I mean I understand a person can change his/her mind, but when you change your mind on a daily/weekly/monthly basis... that's flake-ish to me.
Last edited by jekyl_hyde; 05-11-2012 at 12:34 AM.