Fandom Forums - View Single Post - One Piece 668
Thread: One Piece 668
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #21
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: One Piece 668

Quote:
Isn't this the truth. Dude's 37 and I still give him a good chance of dying before One Piece ends.
Let's not be so hyperbolic. One Piece has material for more 600~700 chapters, but that's "only" 14~16 years. I don't think that, unless something disastrous happens, Oda will die in his 50's.

But I know you're being sarcastic.

Quote:
Anyway in all seriousness what would happen if let us say Oda dies next year?

Obviously his life is more important then the manga, no doubt about that but still would the manga just stop? the whole franchise where so many jobs depend on?

I was always wondering what would happen in that kinda situation.

I'm assuming they would just stop the manga with a big tribute to the author in an edition orso.
I don't think One Piece would stop if Oda died suddenly. Maybe a week/month halt to mourn, but Oda has arcs already done beforehand, not to mention he probably already revealed future plot points to his assistants or even written down the end in a notebook, so Shounen Jump could ask one of the assistants to continue the manga considering what Oda would leave behind. Then, when the material that Oda left behind was entirely used, the manga would wrap it up and end.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote