Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #84
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

The only part of the battle that irked me a little: Loras wasn't the one wearing Renly's armor, it was his brother posing as Renly's ghost seeking vengeance against Stannis. I know they changed it from the books because it makes better television to have Renly's lover seek vengeance, but the books had it better to show Loras fighting by "Renly"'s side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo View Post
I'm waiting to watch the show until I finish the current books, just started on the fifth this morning.

Fucking infuriated me that Martin killed off Sandor Clegane, by the end of the third book he was by far my favorite side character. Maybe if he'd met his end in a more legendary way it wouldn't have been an issue, but I feel that character still had a lot of potential.
There's a theory going around that the "Hound" is dead, but Clegane is still alive and living at the monastery. The theory claims that the Elder brother's statement of "burying the Hound" meant that he helped Sandor bury the "Hound" part of his personality.

Last edited by kael03; 05-28-2012 at 04:22 PM.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Servo (05-28-2012)