Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #2850
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Actually, Halo is usually pretty good for that stuff. It's actually the only modern high-budget FPS that does anything original anymore. I'm still looking forward to it.

Hell, the lead level designer is the guy who worked on Metroid Prime. It's going to be a good game. Plus, I just like Halo anyway.
I know the Bungie games were good about it, which is why I'm trying to keep a close look on this one to hope it keeps Halo from turning into Military Shooters In SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE. I didn't really like Halo games, though I've only played 3 and Reach, and only in multiplayer. I was shit at FPS back then, but even now I'd say the aiming was a pile of crap compared to most FPS I play now. That's my big issue with Halo, along with being on the fuckin XBox.

I just worry when the first two alien weapons they show off have no functional difference from a rifle and a shotgun. It's just LASERS that make it sci-fi.

Personally I'm waiting for either a Battlefield 2142 sequel (pleasepleasepleasepleasepleeeeeeaaaaase ) or, if the fates allow it, Timesplitters 4. Sci-Fi shooters need a goddamn resurgence to wash out this yearly-release Call of Duty bullshit.