Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Texan GOP against teaching critical thinking (and no, it's not from the Onion)
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Texan GOP against teaching critical thinking (and no, it's not from the Onion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Didn't the amazing atheist do a skit on this?
I didn't know he did, I simply got it on my newsfeed, but I'll check it out as soon as possible.

Edit: Watched TAA, he pretty much said what everyone is thinking. This report simply caters to the religious fundamentalists and people ignorant enough to vote for it and tries to build a future where Texans are only composed of these two communities.

To be perfectly honest, future US voting ballots should be composed of two sections, the first to vote on the party you want in office and the second to if you agree or not with the propositions of the party you chose (so every party's proposition should be in every ballot, with indications like putting a warning next to the party you vote saying "if you voted this party, please fill section X).

I know it'd require much more time in the voting process for both the voters and the people behind ballot counting, but at least people would know what their party pretends to do and what the voters want them to do, so instead of sneaking up homophobic propositions along with much more logical financial ones that more responsible Republicans might vote for, each proposition would be voted separately and hopefully the stupid propositions would be voted out.

Quote:
And to think that Romney is pandering to these motherfuckers.

Nothing the GOP does surprises me anymore, not after using bible passages to justify the multiple wars in the middle east.
But there's a difference between the GOP focused on the presidency and the Texan GOP. While the former can say shenanigans but aren't in power to actually validate them and they probably won't in these elections, Texas has been Republican since 1980, so the chance of these particular shenanigans being passed is much higher.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 06-28-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (06-28-2012)