Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Texan GOP against teaching critical thinking (and no, it's not from the Onion)
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Texan GOP against teaching critical thinking (and no, it's not from the Onion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
But the voting thing is more about getting around preclearance. Don't blame them for that. I don't think any state should have to get federal permission for any form of election.
But that's in a single section of the Act, section 5. If they wanted to repeal only that, shouldn't they simply refer to said section? They clearly said that the Act is the thing they want repealed (and not reauthorized to boot), but that means African-Americans and other minorities would be discriminated in the voting act, since their right to vote freely is part of that Act.

I'll try to see if there's any update by the Texan GOP about that part, just to be sure.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (06-28-2012)