View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #15014
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
...I thought it was common knowledge that birds are descendants of dinosaurs.
This does not follow. Doesn't matter how common knowledge is, there's probably at least 1 person out of 6 billion+ people that might not know it. You may also have to take into account practical importance. Someone may have come across the knowledge a long time ago, forgot it completely because it's useless to their current situation, and then when coming across the knowledge again it comes as a surprise. This explains away the common part of the equation that represents the problem of that person not having knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Actually, it runs in the clade.
Actually, it really doesn't. Awesomeness running in the family was a purposely fictitious statement, not because of the semantics of family vs clade, but literally what makes a Chicken awesome has nothing to do with what makes a T-rex awesome genetic-wise. Your semantical correction of the fictitious statement turns out to still be fictitious as well, then, since we're pointing out "actually-ies."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
I forget that not everyone is on my intellectual level. One day I'll learn.
"I know something another does not and I thought it was common knowledge, they just must not be on my intellectual level, lol"

Quality Who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire logic right there.

Last edited by Scientia; 07-11-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote