Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #15200
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilena1890 View Post
NL is an informal place yes, but that doesn't mean I have completely adopted its* typing style. I'm somewhere between relaxed and formal, and expect to be quoted as such. I would never use "PAI" in lieu of pay, as phonetically it sounds like "pie." If you insist on using dumb-down spelling, at least make it sound like the word it is supposed to be I suggest "PAE."

Regardless if I find what I'm saying is funny or painfully unfunny is irrelevant. I say what I say because I want to. You guys twist the words and meanings anyway so why should I go the extra step to convey humor if I want to be funny? Either way, everyone will find a way to make it funny to them, so I still win in a way. NL's enjoymen(t ,) Yoda seeks.

* - I always get screwed up here, as I had conflicting lessons. Owners of possessions get an apostrophe, but not always. I doubt I will ever learn the difference, so don't bother.

For the record: phonetic spelling and grammatical spelling is almost never the same. Claiming "ai" cannot be "ay" just because is retarded, and you should feel retarded.

I can link you to some basic "rules," if you like. I can also give you the e-mail to a linguist I know, if you really want to fight with someone about it.

Hint: the someone is not me, because I'm over it [read:you].

P.S
I'm an adult and can quote you however I want. Get over it, fag.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-30-2012), Jaxon (08-30-2012), Mal (09-03-2012), Miburo (08-30-2012), Shrike (08-30-2012), T9F (08-30-2012), Tzu Men (08-30-2012)