Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto_600
Thread: Naruto_600
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #93
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto_600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
Yeah, that must be clearly why I mocked Obito's reasoning earlier. Said it before and I'll say it again, I've been anticipating this to be the reasoning for years now so I've kinda come to terms with it.
You say many things, but what you do is trying to excuse Kishimoto's writing with "oh I saw it miles away" or "I've come to terms with it".

Newsflash, it's not by you conforming to the writing that suddenly everybody will conform to it. It's not by you saying "well, makes sense to me" that it'll sudden make sense for everyone. It's not by you saying "oh, it's not that bad" that the writing will suddenly not be bad.

I'm being objective here. I'm not criticizing Kishimoto just because he didn't do what I wanted from Tobi, it's because it's simply deplorable, specially compared to his early writings. And it's not the first time I found myself going "the fuck am I reading?" with a writer. Eça de Queirós was brilliant with "The City and the Mountains" which depicts with wit the delay of late XIX century Portugal's progress compared to the rest of Western Europe, "The Maias" where he tackles incest and social status and "The Sin of Father Amaro" where he pretty much stabs the Catholic Church by depicting a priest in inner turmoil due to lust. And then he has "The Yellow Sofa", which is pretty much a whinefest from a dimwit who caught his wife cheating on him.

And I consider Eça de Queirós a great writer and an inspiration for my writing, despite "The Yellow Sofa". The same I say of Part I Kishimoto, but Part II Kishimoto, specially after Hunt for Itachi Arc, has been consistently bad and one could've hoped for Part I Kishi to appear now, since the ending is normally one of the first things writers come up with. But no, still shitty writing that gave us the Juubi and armadillo dicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
However, Kishi will surely explain Obito/Tobi's origins with much more complexity than just Zetsu and a bit goo.
I have my doubts. It wouldn't be the first time Kishimoto would half-ass a backstory *cough*Kinkaku&Ginkaku*cough*

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote