Fandom Forums - View Single Post - US Ambassador in Libya Killed
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #23
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Ambassador in Libya Killed

If that is what RH meant, then I definitely agree that it would be a stupid thing of him to say. A really stupid thing. If, however, he was suggesting that religion certainly makes it quite easy for normally rational people to justify irrational stances then I would have to agree with him.

Homosexual rights are only an issue at all in our country because of the large religious opposition of them here. I'm sure we all know that. All of us worth discussing this shit with, anyway. I know people who aren't normally irrational bigots that are against gay marriage. I think these people are normally decent individuals. However, solely because of their religious beliefs, they have taken an irrational, immoral stance. Otherwise good people taking shitty stances because of religion. If that's what that dude was referring to, then he is right.

He's still a fag, of course. But his point wouldn't be invalid if he was saying what I assume he was saying.

As for the other baby blue, I understand what he was saying. I was just saying it's stupid to compare a scientific theory to religion. Yes, both can be used to attempt to justify unjustifiable shit. Anything can. But pretty sure Darwin's Origin of Species doesn't say to kill all the jews. While the Quran, from what I understand, pretty much says to kill non-believers and shit. It's a stupid comparison.

Oh, and I wasn't giving you any shit. Whatever you personally say is totally cool with me because I like you and you're hawt. I was just saying fuck you to the rest of these guys.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (09-15-2012), emachina (09-14-2012), Numinous (09-15-2012), rokudaime_hokage (09-14-2012), Vanity (09-14-2012)