Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto_602
Thread: Naruto_602
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 05:06 AM   #130
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto_602

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
@num: you are ranting again and making no sense. I posted my thoughts and opinions and I clearly said so in my post so what did I make up? If by saying 'I wonder... Or maybe... Or in my opinion... you consider that as making stuff up, then I'm guilty as charged. Its not like I said what I'm posting is canon facts and that I am right because of xyz. I posted my opinion, like everyone else on this forum and presented what I thought was supporting evidence for it. If you found what I said to be silly or making no sense, that's cool but please don't accuse me of making stuff up. Lol, or at least show me what I allegedly made up.
Sure thing:
Quote:
5. Nagato wasn't just a random choice for Madara to give his rinnegan to. It almost seems like Madara read a prophecy or something and knew that his eyes will serve his purpose best once it was given to Nagato
There's no indication of a prophecy directly targeting Nagato (the closest thing was the Frog Sage's Child of Prophecy, but even he didn't specify any names and told only to Jiraiya as far as we know), thus it being an argument from ignorance. Sorry to break it to you, but its basic logic, it's not by labeling it your opinion that it'll suddenly not be an argument from ignorance. You see, I'm not against anyone expressing their opinions, since freedom of speech reigns high in this forum and rightfully so, now don't expect people to simply let slide a fallacy like that.
Quote:
Lol, kettle meet your friend pot. If like you said, my post was to convince people that I was right because all post are inherently designed that way, then by extension, YOUR post is trying to do the same, correct?

So what's the point of even making that reference?
Because, unlike you, I don't deny I try to convince people when presenting explanations because if I didn't, explanations would be futile. What's the point of providing an explanation in a forum if it isn't to tell people what you think it's logically viable, thus making them agree or not with your explanation? You might not try to convince people directly, but by providing explanations you're already doing it. It's the nature of the argumentative game.

Quote:
This isn't solely directed to you but it seems some people have a problem with other peoples opinions and thoughts. Its like we should all think the same and bash Kishi for his supposed shitty story telling.
Nobody is trying to homogenize the opinions, since that's a futile attempt anyway. One can enjoy Naruto all s/he wants, the problem is when people try to justify some of Kishimoto's... less stellar moments with (very) weak arguments, and people here just counter them with more solid arguments. You don't need to go apologetics on Kishi's writing, sometimes is just better to acknowledge its flaws and either like it, dislike it or simply ignore it.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote