Originally Posted by Numinous
Considering that doesn't change anything, I don't see why you're clinging to semantics.
I don't even have to read the wall of text to know you're coming from a misguided side. How the hell you fabricate a prophecy and say it's an "assumption based on facts"? Sorry, that'd only be true if there was any indication of a prophecy that Madara knew about. There isn't. You can draw all the parallels you want, but unless you provide evidence of a prophecy there's no logical leeway to assume one without using an argument from ignorance.
WRONG. You're confusing foreshadowing with prophecy. They're entirely different concepts. The manga has only one prophecy, the one that announced the Child of Prophecy.
Such common sense that confused foreshadowing and prophecy and stil hasn't figure out the problem of the ignorance is the existence of such prophecy itself. You can't prove there is one as you can't disprove it either. It's an unknown, therefore a weak concept to base an argument from.
Either that or at least hinted, or else it's an asspull.
You can make assumptions using known facts, so why make yourself look cheap and use an unknown? That's why I'm pointing out the prophecy problem.
I don't know. At least I acknowledge my ignorance on the matter.
You didn't need to type all of that. You and I are the same in the matter of presenting opinions, but you have to recognize the nature of arguments. You can't abstain from their properties just to save face. You either play the game or you don't, catch my drift?
You're the one not seeing the forest for the trees. It's the (weak) arguments that are being dismissed, not the person itself (unless that person acts like a jackass about it, but that's another issue).
1) considering that this isn't a simple case of semantics, I think it changes everything. You claimed I made shit up and I said, I was theorizing/wondering if this is possible. How the hell is that semantics?
2) Lol, you're one of those 'unless you show me the scan then it isn't true' types aren't you? Because your thinking is so rigid and stuck inside the box, anyone who dares to think outside of it, irks you. Here I am wondering why Madara gave his eyes to Nagato, and in doing so, I come up with a possibility based on the themes of the manga, but Num says I'm making shit up.
3) WRONG, and let me explain. When Minato made the statement that Tobi was the harbinger of the great disaster and that his infant son Naruto would be the one to stop him, it was a PROPHECY. The same type of prohecy the elder toad said about the child of destiny, which Jiraiya was told and in turn, told his student Minato. So what the hell are you talking about? Lol, oh I know what's gonna come next, 'show me the scans the Jiraiya told Minato about the child of prophecy'
The fact of the matter is, even if you are right that there has being only one prophecy in the manga, how is it far fetched me claiming that they MIGHT be one made about Nagato?
4) Same answer is 3
5) Clearly it has being hinted that not just ANYONE can wield the rinnegan and the fact that Madara the ever so arrogant Caesar of the world, just gave his eyes to Nagato, hints that there must be something special about him. Lol, your answer is so simple isn't it? He's an Uzamaki, I can almost hear you say, case closed.
6) Well you're not very imaginative are you then? You don't know why Nagato was chosen and you have never wondered why I suppose. Well I have so excuse me for theorizing that he could be special.
Num, as always I respect your opinions and writing style. I think you are completely wrong on this however but there you go. As for me trying to save face so I'll make shit up, that cracked me up boi. Why would I need to save face talking to strangers on the internet? As recently as last week, I was claiming that the Elder Son had the rinnegan until you pointed out the error of my thinking. I accepted it, thanked you and moved on. Yet today I'm being accused of fabricating shit just to save face. Lol, go figure.
Edit: sorry, you said save face in regards to my motives for debating. My phone is fucking up so I can't edit it.