Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Age problem ?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #34
Kakkakuzu
Chuunin

Kakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Age problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Read the entire post you quoted next time.
I did. Although it was pretty elaborate, I still managed.

Maybe you should focus more on comprehending what you read instead of jumping to conclusions and arguing.

Quote:
I said that the databooks give more information than the manga has room to provide.
You said, I didn't argue.

Despite the fact that I haven't read them, I have an idea of what the function of a databook is. Maybe it's semantics, but I don't consider it a part of the story when it's not in story form. If it's a list of data, it's just that. A list of data. Additional information. I don't argue against the validity of the data, I just don't consider it a part of the story.

Quote:
Regardless of your own personal feelings they are just as much of the story as the manga itself, since Kishi is the one that pens them.
And my whole post was to explain my personal feelings, not to argue against the validity of the databooks. I was just trying to explain why I haven't read them, nor do I care to. I wasn't saying others shouldn't read them, or that people shouldn't trust what they say. Or that people should even care about my "personal feelings", I just don't like to be misunderstood.

And I also, at no point, have questioned the use of databooks as background information. My original question was whether all the timeline related plot holes originated from the databook, or if I had perhaps missed something in the manga. It was not intended as an attack against the databooks. Which is also why I wanted to explain my comment about them.

Quote:
As for being something ordered by the publisher, Kishi isn't the only mangaka creating databooks.
And the fact that others release them as well, rules out the possibility of the publisher wanting it, instead of Kishi actually wanting/deciding to provide it himself?

Last edited by Kakkakuzu; 09-22-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Kakkakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote