Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Age problem ?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #35
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,715 Times in 3,841 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Age problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkakuzu View Post
Despite the fact that I haven't read them, I have an idea of what the function of a databook is. Maybe it's semantics, but I don't consider it a part of the story when it's not in story form. If it's a list of data, it's just that. A list of data. Additional information. I don't argue against the validity of the data, I just don't consider it a part of the story.
They are a part of the story. Deal with it.

Quote:
And I also, at no point, have questioned the use of databooks as background information. My original question was whether all the timeline related plot holes originated from the databook, or if I had perhaps missed something in the manga.
I'll answer this. Yes, the timeline plot holes originate from the databook. They also originate from the story itself. It's because of the databooks that we know when Obito/Rin/etc graduated and became Chuunin and their ages. The manga had Kakashi state that he became a Chuunin at 6.

Quote:
It was not intended as an attack against the databooks. Which is also why I wanted to explain my comment about them.
You dismissed the databooks completely because you haven't read them, even when they provide information that is pertinent to the story.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote