Originally Posted by Numinous
Saying it was opinion or that you were just making a guess doesn't exactly excuse the foundations of such opinion/guess, since opinion/guesses can be wrong. That's what some people don't seem to get.
And you are making stuff up, you're not thinking outside the box. Thinking outside the box is using what's available and doing something new with it or giving it a new perspective instead of what's usual. That's not what you did, you simply grabbed an unknown and sticked with it. And I'm not rigid and stuck inside the box, I'm simply skeptical and a follower of logic, thus when I'm asking for the panels indicating such theory, I'm not being stubborn, I'm simply making you see the utter weakness of your argument.
Hum, no, that'd be a prediction/foreshadowing. Prophecy is defined as the revelation of the future made by a prophet and that is transmitted orally or in writing. Minato is neither a prophet or was his "revelation" transmitted orally or in writing. Now on the other hand:
So you understand how prophecies work, but you don't get the difference between a prophecy and a prediction/foreshadowing? Fishy.
No, I won't, because that's not even relevant to the point.
Because there's already one involving him (Child of Prophecy) and didn't specify who was the target and there's no indication of a second prophecy. Thus, far-fetched.
"Hey guys, I prefer to make a positive claim I can't back up properly and I might be wrong about it rather than waiting for a proper explanation, if there's one, and acknowledge my ignorance on the matter!"
It's called humility and common sense. If I don't know nor do I have enough data to make valid assumption, I don't make any assumptions. You should try it sometime instead of accusing others of not being very imaginative when it couldn't be further from the truth, because being imaginative =/= being adept of using improper logic.
@ bold: Errrrgh, that's not what I said at all. When you present an argument, you can't simply ignore its properties. It's not making stuff up that is the saving face act here, it's denying the full extent of forming an argument.
By the way, "boi" is a derogative term in my native language. I know you definitely didn't meant it, it's just a pet peeve of mine of some people misspelling boy.
1. Lol, when did I ever say my opinion was a fact? That particular part of the conservation was you saying it was a case of mere semantics, and I disagreed. Now your changing it to opinions and its validity.
2. In this whole conversation, you have accused me of making up that Nagato was prophesied to have the rinnegan. Even though, all I said was its possible he could have being. The word possible seems to have escaped you, so like a fundamentalist, you're gonna keep saying, I'm made shit up.
If you are a follower of logic, then you would never have accused me of making shit up. A follower of logic does not need to be told or shown a scan, to hazard a GUESS, of what's being happening. That's what I did. That's all I did. I asked myself why would Madara give the most powerful dojutsu to a random Uzamaki. I lamented on their connection and THEORIZED that maybe Nagato was prophesied. Lol, and for that you wanna crucify me, telling me I'm making shit up and I'm not using logic.
Logic stipulates, that its adherents think outside the box. That they think about every possible scenario, and analyse it. That's all I was ATTEMPTING to do, and never pretended otherwise.
3. Lmao, this parts the funniest. True, Minato is not a prophet so to your 'logic', he cannot and did not make no prophecy, when he sacrificed himself for his son. Am I right? Cool.
But the thing is though, when Minato said all that, he was REPEATING a prophecy, told to him by his sensei. Or didn't you realise that?
Jirayai is told a prophecy about the child of destiny, who he would train. He trains 2 fine shinobi's, Nagato and Minato, believing at some stage, both to be that child. He tells Minato the prophecy, Minato on instincts, when he defeated Tobi, believed he was the danger, Jirayai spoke of. He believed in the prophecy and was willing to give his life for it.
At that stage he couldn't possibly know if Tobi was the harbinger. And so it came to be that his belief that his son is that child of destiny, will come true. Not bad for a non prophet. Lol, and are you so rigid in your thinking, that only prophets can make prophesies? So if a non prophet says something that comes to pass, its not a prophecy?
Lol, nah mate, fuck that dogmatic thinking.
4. There's an extremely fine line between prophecy and foreshadowing, especially in this case. Really suspect, that you dont see it. Lol
5. The manga is awash with prophecies, why are you acting like there's only one? The Sage himself, prophesied about what will happen after his death. Naruto fighting Sasuke or the child with powerful eyes, is the latest one. That's 3, and from those 3, spawns other prophecies/ foreshadowing, whatever you wanna call it, in the manga.
When Itachi gave Naruto Shisui's eye, you can easily see it as a prophecy, because he believed Naruto was the one, and that belief is gonna come true. Nagato believing in Naruto is another prophecy that will come true. You OBVIOUSLY cannot see that, so all that I've just written, is utter hokum to you aint it? To you, its me misunderstanding the differences between foreshadowing, plot and predictions. Lol
6. Lol why do you want us to wait till Kishi reveals everything? Why man why? I don't get it. Each of us are taking time in our lives, coming on this forum discussing Naruto. Yet Num wants us to solely discuss what we have being shown, and how dare anyone think of what MIGHT be going on. Oh no, don't do that. You do that, you're making shit up. Simple. Lool
7. You call it humility and common sense, I call it boring. I call it tiresome. What is the point, of just discussing what we already know? Why do just that when you can also contemplate, debate and analyse at the same time?
But its cool bro, I hope that's not offensive in Portugal. Lol, you know I got mad respect for you, even though we disagree. As for the others, oh the others. Bunch of fucking idiots, the lot of them. Still none of them have said something that gets the heart beating shaking. Not even a flutter, and frankly, I'm disappointed. I thought you lot were more vicious than this! Kmt