Originally Posted by AOTKorby
"It's just an opinion" does not mean "I can say whatever the fuck I want and no one has a right to question it".
Speaking in absolutes is a great way to make yourself look like a dumb shithead, but thinking that taking an ambiguous stance on everything means you can never be wrong is also rather stupid. Anything is "possible," but most things that are "possible" have absolutely no logical basis in happening. Thus, trying to pass them off as an at all likely possibility is fucking stupid. You have absolutely no evidence to support your claim, but you want people to respect it as valid because you said "possible"?
You're making shit up in the arguments you've made to justify your "possible". You did the same sort of thing KYF does. Take question, devise answer, find nothing valid to actually justify answer but refuse to acknowledge it. You have no proof whatsoever to justify "Nagato haz prophecy," so in saying there's hints within the manga (which there aren't) you're essentially pulling stuff out of your ass.
Occam's Razor my friend. The most logical reasoning is the one that requires the fewest baseless assumptions. Your thought process requires a hell of a lot.
Congrats on trying to use really shitty retroactive writing to justify your point. It really doesn't strengthen your argument at all. The only point you're really making with this is that you think SOMEONE, whom we've never heard of and know absolutely nothing about, including his/her existence, must have told Madara, not necessarily as an outright prophet, to give his eyes to some random Uzumaki child as a "prophecy" that Nagato would serve his ends in the future. Which is especially funny given your statements here given that Nagato did just the opposite. So basically, even if you try to say "well MAYBE someone made a prophecy that Nagato would..." you have to confront the fact that Nagato did not do what Madara thought he would.
I'm sorry but this is just plain dumb. Prophecy is within the realm of the story. It's part of the narrative. It's behind the fourth wall. It's not hidden in the slightest. Foreshadowing is author device to drop hints of future events through signals found in the narrative. Example: every single fucking time Naruto and Minato are mentioned in context to each other in part 1 (this is a large ass number) is foreshadowing to the father/son relationship. Kishi is not directly saying anything with such hints, but it's a signal which foreshadows the future relationship that he reveals. Prophecy is Jiraiya (and the audience) being bluntly told that either Nagato or Naruto is the "child of destiny" who will either save the world or destroy it. This is not foreshadowing in any way.
The issue is that there is no prophecy in the narrative thus far which Madara would have any business knowing. So you have to assume that there's one we DON'T know, which is an assumption we have no reason to make.
No. No. Holy shit. No. That's not "prophecy." That's "Itachi plans ridiculously far ahead and was attempting to create a final safety valve to prevent Sasuke from taking the path of evil." "I believe in you" is not prophecy holy fuck. Choosing to believe something will happen is not what prophecy is; prophecy is a character stating future events in the story as unavoidable truth, not "belief".
Because baseless speculation can't really be discussed or reasoned or anything because it has no basis. I mean, if you say "HEY MAYBE MADARA GAVE HIS EYES TO NAGATO DUE TO A PROPHECY" and get a "BUT THERE'S NO PROPHECY SHOWN THAT WOULD TELL HIM TO" and reply with "MAYBE THERE'S ONE WE HAVEN'T HEARD YET"...where the shit do you think the conversation is supposed to go? If you have absolutely nothing to justify your speculative thoughts, there's no way to really involve anybody else in the think-tank because there's no remotely logical reason to share your thoughts.
Because making shit up should be saved for predictions rather than theories.
Protip: Hurling insults at people in retaliation and constantly saying how little you care what they say about you is a great way to look astronomically butthurt.
1. You are clearly misguided or have some serious reading issues. Where did I say no one has the right to question my opinion?
2. Its like your some sort of spasticated moron that everyone has encountered in their life. I made an assumption on Nagato and that's got you frothing at the mouth, chatting all that bs you just said. You make it sound like I said its possible Hinta was prophesied to be Naruto's wife. Now that would be dumb, something I would except an idiot like you to say. But theorizing that Nagato could be prophesied is hardly as outlandish, to me anyway.
3. What did I make up? Go on, tell me and see how stupid you sound. Unlike Kyf however, dickheads like you aint gonna ridicule me without reply.
4. God will you lot find a new proverb book or something. Its so repetative. Occam Razor this, Occam fuckung Razor that. Its so fucking stupid that you smart allicks think its the answer to everything. Let me enlighten you on something genius. Its so EASY to point out the flaws of a theory, since by nature, a theory is not a fact. So stop acting all high and mighty like you're doing something great here. You idiot.
5. Your post gets dumber the more you read it. I said Nagato could be prophesied. NOWHERE in any of my post did I say how this could have come about, nor did I mention this 'someone' who told Madara the prophecy. Now that's your imagination and limited thinking. Its you making shit up now. Read what I said not your juvenile mind thinks I said.
Listen, the way you write is laughable, you are an illeterate compared to someone like Num, so I'll keep quiet about commenting on my writing abilities.
6. This is where your stupidity is displayed for the world to see. If we go strictly by what the manga says, then all Jiraiya was told was that he would train a student that would destroy the world or bring peace to it. When Minato made his decision, he was prophesizing because Naruto did not fit Jiraiya's prophecies ceiteria. Namely, the child was suppose to be a srudent of Jiraiya's, and infant Naruto was not that was he?
Even though Minato had no idea whether his son could even survive the jinchuriki's process much less be the saviour of the world, he still believed and KNEW he was the one. Now obviously we the readers know what's going and Naruto's destiny, but Minato didn't, you moron. So it was a prophecy.
7. So basically no one should even theorize why Madara would give his eyes away to who it turns out to be, a relation of the hated Senju Clan. We should be like you, and think nothing of it shall we? Well you do that, I won't. Is that ok with you?
8. What Itachi said will come to pass dummy. Same as Nagato's belief in Naruto. Naruto will become the hope and saviour of the whole world and when that happens, anyone who predicted/prophesied/planned w/e, would have seen it come true. Now read that back to me asshole, and lets see if you understand.
9. Nothing to discuss? Are you serious? I said there could be a prophecy and ever since, I've being bombarded for daring to even say so. Its fucking stupid. Just think for a second. Madara must have had a reason to give gis eyes to Nagato in the first place. A: Nagato is related to him somehow. B: Nagato was his creation.
C: the tablet prophesied him for some unknown reason.
Lol, but you and the judges say there's nothing to discuss and even if you label your theory as a theory, you are actually making shit up. You fucking clown.
Yep I'm butthurt, cute American terminology. You are absolute right and you have surely put me in my place. Alas, your post was as pointless as you. I question why you even felt the need to write that shit to me.
I only insult people who insult me. If you've noticed, you prat, I aint insulted Num once because.... yep you guessed it, he hasn't insulted me. You can have a lively, witty and banter filled debate without flaming. But idiots like you(you insulted me first, remember) start something, act disrespectful then are shocked when I respond.
You had it too easy with Kyf, but not me. You say one insult to me, and I'll say 100. The first salvo was crossing the line with an insult, so don't plead, beg or wonder why I've over reacted. That's what you get when you fuck with the new Kyf. Rofl.