Originally Posted by Numinous
And anybody else can propose another reason, like Madara being proficient in chiromancy and read Nagato's palm or Madara studying the stars to see where their alignment points to, matter of fact is both those proposals and yours have the exact same logical validation, none. Unless you provide evidence outside of mutating the meaning of "prophecy" and couple it with a fallacy of division, I'm all ears.
Actually, the Child of Prophecy does say the child could be the bringer of peace or the harbinger of great disaster, but that's not related to Tobi anyway, so I don't know why the fuck you brought him into the argument.
As for Naruto himself, you're forgetting two things:
- The scope of the prophecy. Being Jiraiya's student is simply a condition considering the end result, someone who would revolutionize the world as it was known. Minato, by the meta ways of the plot convenience, knew that his son had what it takes to do it and...
- Jiraiya was Naruto's godfather, so Minato should know his son would have a big chance to train with him. And it'd probably happen a lot sooner than it did if Jiraiya didn't take a sip of MIA tea.
Or twisting the meaning of prophecy does help tons to reach that conclusion. Nobody is saying prophecies can only be told by Toads, but in order for them to be prophecies they need to be said by someone credited for seeing into the future and have to be passed down orally or written through times. Itachi's belief in Naruto has nothing in common with a prophecy, is simply a prediction of his that will come to pass because of Naruto's prerogative (maybe Itachi was genre savvy, but I kid).
1) Lol propose whatever you think has value and put it on the forum for it to be debated. That's what I did but instead of solely criticising the actual proposal, you lot are upset that I even dare to make a proposition. That's my gripe, its not that you think my theory is shit, but that you think I should never have made it in the first place.
2) What for some reason you have still failed to grasp it sthat, Minato at the time, had no idea if Tobi or Naruto would be the child of destiny. Why the fuck can't you understnd that? I brought up Tobi because of what Minato said about him. You like to be literal with the manga, well don't deviate when it suits you. The manga said the child of prophecy will either bring great disaster to the world or bring peace.
Going by that alone, it means that according to Minato, either Tobi or his baby son could be that child. Now that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, if the literal prophecy is applied. Secondly, according to what you wrote, when Minato placed all his beliefs into Naruto, he was unsure qwhether he would grow up to be the harbringer of the great disaster or be the saviour.
In fact when you think about it as i know you guys love using logic, Minato made it sound that harbringer and the saviour are NOT the same person, but rather 2. Now again, this is contray to the literal prophecy Jiraiya was told. Lol, so why aren't yuo accussing Minato of making shit up as well then?
3) I hear you on this one. However, this one of the times where you have to agree to disagree. Me personally, if someone says something and it comes true, they have made a prophecy, regardless whether they have the religious background or history of making such prophecies. But I get you though and to be honest, the burden of proof is on me, not you and I have failed to convince you. Lol
@Dragonbpy: yes I am and let's see if you can take the piss out of me like you do him. And who the fuck are you by the way? Are you the resident joker on this forum or just another faggot who thinks calling me Kyf is gonna shut me up? Think again you fucking prick, and that's for this Apacolyz clown as well.