View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #225
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

TheBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cooking Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
Ha, dicing bananas like a baws. Moar like this.

Also tell me what is that, looks delicious.
UUH! That is my friends' and my own take on a Mulligatawny, a classic english soup with rice in it.

Consistent of curry, fried chicken and coconutmilk, we had to make this recipe a little special; You see, we didn't have any curry - so we had to make our own! That is why the dish looks so dark, and not more yellow.

First off, we fried some large chopped pieces of onions on a pan with a mix of oil and butter. Adding the curry we had made, it began sticking together, but that is fine. This will bring out a lot more flavours and aromas in the curry. Just don't burn it

After that, we poured the coconutmilk over, and let it boil down. In a seperate pot, we boiled some rice, not seasoned with salt. The soup should be more than enough flavor for you.

On a pan around 7-8 minutes before serving, we fried the chicken pieces in some merian if I recall correctly. This gave another dimension to the soup, without taking it over completely. We got 2nd place for it - at first he wanted to fail the dish because it was so dark - then he learned that we had to make our own curry, and promoted it to 2nd place.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheBaron For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (09-25-2012)