Fandom Forums - View Single Post - No, you are not entitled to your opinion
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: No, you are not entitled to your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I think the idea of "everyone being entitled to their opinion" is meant for inconsequential, subjective things like favourite colours and shit. Unfortunately, the people who aren't bright enough to defend their opinion are also not bright enough to understand this distinction.
I agree with this, but I kinda want to the limits of your idea on what's inconsequential.

Mostly because, as an example, I have pulled the "it's my opinion, fuck off" card during an argument once because some dude and I disagreed on how seriously I should take gender roles and the subsequent social pressure to fulfill them.

The conversation went something like this:
me- Men have delicate egos.
him- when you say it like that, you're make that social pressure less of a reality, maaaan.

Am I wrong in believing gender roles are irrational and should be laughed at because of their absurdity, because they need to change?

I promise this will lead to more discussion, I'm just super tired right now and can't be fucked talking about Wendt's theory on social construct, and how it applies to "well it's what I think." Not right now, anyways.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-21-2012), Miburo (10-20-2012), Scientia (10-13-2012)