Fandom Forums - View Single Post - No, you are not entitled to your opinion
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: No, you are not entitled to your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
As you may know, Tabitha and I volunteer (me less often now that I'm on the road all the time) with our church Youth Group. Last year a group of the kids was declaring "free country" and just doing whatever they wanted (nothing bad, really, just taking chairs from people and such). When they ignored my telling them to stop for the third time, I approached the one who started it. Took his hat, pushed him out of his chair, pulled his shoes off his feet, hurled them down the hallway, pushed him down some more, sat in his chair and declared "free country."

It hasn't come up since.

Also, kids need to be told when they're wrong and praised for effort rather than ability (though that second part isn't related, I recently read an article on the subject and felt like including it).
i have taken hats if they have one, just to divert their attention to me, esp if they arent listening. hats seem special to some of them. im not allowed to put my hands on the kids like that. If its a group of them, direct attention to the ring leader initially, but the others all have consequences as well.

ive done both, told them why they are wrong when they are, and praise them for their efforts. I teach these kids how to crochet when its my workshop day, its not an easy task, even if u are an adult learning. it takes patience and effort when you first start out. not to mention some motor skills. a lot of them get frustrated because they dont have that patience but i help push them along. they know what the rewards are if they learn this skill.