Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Cherokee County teen shot by police sniper, parents speak out
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #11
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Cherokee County teen shot by police sniper, parents speak out

^ I'm not making the kid out to be a victim at all. He made a stupid move and the police reacted. I'm just pointing out the actions of the parents, who are the ones running around pointing the fingers at everyone else. They are the ones that started the whole blame game here, so it's only fair that they be put under scrutiny themselves.

On the topic of security, I can guarantee you 100% that nobody but me and my wife could come into my home and grab one of my guns. I keep my shit locked up. Obviously these people did not. Does that make them responsible for this kids' suicide...no. Does make them negligent...yes.

We really don't know all the factors that lead up to this though. Apparently the kid was bullied or something. I'd like to know who exactly the reporters were talking with that gave them this information, and to what degree this kid was bullied. That's the real key to this investigation. I mean if the kid was called a few names that's one thing. If some dudes took him out behind the gym and beat him up everyday (or worse) then that's another thing altogether. That kind of stuff might lead to emotional problems that make you not think straight.

Edit: I just read that this kid was deeply depressed and taking Zoloft. Also ADHD. Still doesn't justify him waving a gun around and shit, but I can accept that he wasn't thinking straight at the time. Article said he just had a breakdown that day, but I still want to know what triggered it.

Last edited by ask me anything; 10-29-2012 at 09:13 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote