Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Cherokee County teen shot by police sniper, parents speak out
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Cherokee County teen shot by police sniper, parents speak out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
No longer care about the dead kid and his parents, just want to discuss this:

No lock, no security, no preventative measure is perfect. Obviously no one could just saunter in and grab a gun, but someone with time, tools and knowledge can get around anything.

It's not at all obvious that these people did not, it is likely the kid knew exactly what I know about my dad's guns: the location of them, the key, and the ammunition.
Perhaps it is possible to break through security given enough time. It shouldn't be an easy task though. The safe I keep my guns locked in has a 6 digit password to open it, that I highly doubt any 16 year old could figure out. He'd have to know the last 4 digits of my military ID number, reverse them in order, and then add the year of my birth (84) on the end. No way he'd figure that out. Then once he open it, there's a smaller portable safe inside that I keep my ammo locked in. If some punk kid can figure that out, then kudos to him, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote