Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #15762
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I gave the same reasoning when I had to write a paper on it. I'm merely suggesting why it's still being clung to.
Ah, got it.

Quote:
My bigger concern with it is the way they draw districts, and how it completely cuts out third parties.
Gerrymandering in the US is an issue that borders the absurd, being its prime child the 4th district of Illinois aka the Hispanic headphones. I think implementing an obligatory algorithm of shape compactness when defining districts in every state would solve half of the problem. The other would be make it mandatory to have optimal balance of race, collar color and partisan inclination among all districts of a specific state.

About third parties, that's why I advocate for alternative vote. While it may not solve the bipartisan nature of the US politics, at least it'll give a chance for minor parties' supporters to vote on them without wasting said vote.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-08-2012), Miburo (11-07-2012), UchihaTaijiya (11-07-2012), Vanity (11-07-2012)