Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #15763
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
About third parties, that's why I advocate for alternative vote. While it may not solve the bipartisan nature of the US politics, at least it'll give a chance for minor parties' supporters to vote on them without wasting said vote.
I've written an obscene amount about changing the party system all together and moving to a PR system, though I doubt we'd ever see such a change. Sometimes I like to sit in on my favourite professors 101 class, just to listen to him yell at them, and that so many of them cling to our bipartisan system is testament to my grief. People like our party system just because "that's how it's been, and it works, right?" And I hear this constantly when I try to urge others into thinking of the system differently.

Edit: My fucking phone is still ringing with election stuff. This is the third I've had just this hour.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.

Last edited by Vanity; 11-07-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-07-2012), Numinous (11-07-2012), UchihaTaijiya (11-07-2012)