Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #15759
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I've written an obscene amount about changing the party system all together and moving to a PR system, though I doubt we'd ever see such a change. Sometimes I like to sit in on my favourite professors 101 class, just to listen to him yell at them, and that so many of them cling to our bipartisan system is testament to my grief. People like our party system just because "that's how it's been, and it works, right?" And I hear this constantly when I try to urge others into thinking of the system differently.
Coming from a country which has PR for almost 40 years (would be 100 if dictatorship didn't happen inbetween), I find it appalling people not wanting that system, specially considering how many people complain about the two parties not catering to their ideologies.

And, honestly, Republican moderates should be begging for PR, considering it would give the chance to restructure the party by making the extremists wanting other parties that better cater their ideologies and would get a shot at representation, thus the Republican party having the chance of being a serious and respected party instead of the punchline of every joke. (Needless to say, Democrats could also use the same renewal.)

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-07-2012), UchihaTaijiya (11-07-2012), Vanity (11-07-2012)