Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #15779
T9F
OOOH CHAMPAGNE

Thanked 1,124 Times in 407 Posts
T9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enough
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Seriously - This is what is wrong with the American political system:
White People Morning Romney
When elections become so Us vs Them that a loss gives this sort of reaction... shit. You still have a government, you're all Americans and either you'll all be screwed as one big group or you'll muddle through as you always do. Bush didn't destroy America, Clinton didn't destroy America, Obama won't destroy America.

It is no wonder no one can get anything done in this system.
You know us white people. Always find something to be upset about.

On a more serious note, I think the negative reaction stemmed more from the fact that, realistically, the country was pretty much split between who the next president would be. Obama just got more votes from the States that matter. And that would obviously upset people.

And nobody likes to lose. Not that that gives them excuse to be so dramatic, but sometimes people just like to think they're making a statement when they actually just look like sore losers. (And it wasn't even them that necessarily lost.) But nonetheless, people took the loss personally.

If Romney had won the election, I probably would have been disappointed, but not enough to wear all black and cry like a child. I would have mentally readied myself to fight the power if he tried to take away planned parenthood and gay rights. And then I would have waited for January to see exactly how he planned to handle things, considering he changed his opinions on so many things that I couldn't even begin to wonder what he would have done.

But I do agree with you (so many nickels...) that we, as a nation, need to get our act together and stop being so "glass half empty." We could use this election to try and take more positive steps towards a better future for America. If Congress would stop being such ninnies.
T9F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T9F For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-09-2012), Numinous (11-09-2012), UchihaTaijiya (11-09-2012), Vanity (11-09-2012)