Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #15776
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by T9F View Post
You know us white people. Always find something to be upset about.

On a more serious note, I think the negative reaction stemmed more from the fact that, realistically, the country was pretty much split between who the next president would be. Obama just got more votes from the States that matter. And that would obviously upset people.

And nobody likes to lose. Not that that gives them excuse to be so dramatic, but sometimes people just like to think they're making a statement when they actually just look like sore losers. (And it wasn't even them that necessarily lost.) But nonetheless, people took the loss personally.

If Romney had won the election, I probably would have been disappointed, but not enough to wear all black and cry like a child. I would have mentally readied myself to fight the power if he tried to take away planned parenthood and gay rights. And then I would have waited for January to see exactly how he planned to handle things, considering he changed his opinions on so many things that I couldn't even begin to wonder what he would have done.

But I do agree with you (so many nickels...) that we, as a nation, need to get our act together and stop being so "glass half empty." We could use this election to try and take more positive steps towards a better future for America. If Congress would stop being such ninnies.
Personally, I think this is a healthy sign of democratic state, so all the fucks I give.

I hope this helps the republican party re-evaluate their values. If anything, elections are good for seeing what is and is not working.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-09-2012), T9F (11-09-2012), UchihaTaijiya (11-09-2012)